Do you know what rotary tattoo machine is the best? There are many different brands and models of tattoo machines out there, but only one will work for you. That’s where this blog post comes in! We’ve done research to find the best rotary tattoo machine on the market today so that you can make an informed decision before making a purchase.
In the world of tattooing, a rotary tattoo machine is an excellent device to have. It can do many tasks and excels in some areas that other machines just cannot compete with. The best part about it for a beginning tattooer is that they are simple to use and easy to master as well. A rotary tattoo machine has numerous advantages over its predecessor, which was called a liner/empire hand-piece or something similar back then. There were different versions available at stores bought by people who wanted them but there really wasn’t one true design from anyone company so most artists would buy what suited their needs best instead of sticking with any particular brand name product. All those problems have been solved now because there are several companies that make rotary tattoo machines for a variety of different needs. They all come with a warranty and can be purchased from reputable dealers, which makes the purchase easier to stomach because you know it is going to last quite some time.
When you are in the business of creating tattoos for people, you want to know and you want your customers to know that you only use the safest and most trusted brand of tattoo machine out there. That is what this list is for. We have gone and researched tattoo machines, or tattoo pen machines on the market today, and using product and customer reviews have come up with what we have found to be the top 15 best.
15 Best Rotary Tattoo Machines!!
1. Bmx Rotary Pen Tattoo Machine – Best for Tattoo Artists
For over 27 years, BMX has been the leading brand of rotary tattoo machines in America. In fact, they have created a vast amount of amazing products that are getting even more popular with time. Their top-of-the-line product is called The Machine and it’s one of their newest creations from 2015! It was developed in collaboration with world-renowned artist Paul Booth in order to bring you a great quality machine capable of professional results at an affordable price.
Here’s why we think this machine deserves your attention:
It comes equipped with not just one but two interchangeable motors which allow for easy switching between colorwork and linework depending on client preferences/needs; It allows very precise control thanks to its variable speed control knob; It is designed to be both easy-to-use for beginners and convenient, long-lasting investment for professionals.
These rotary tattoo machines make it easy and convenient to give a tattoo mainly due to the fact that it feels like a real pen in the hand. Drawing and shading are as easy as sketching on paper with this sleek and comfortable design. It was made with ease of use in mind so you’ll find things like simply having to twist the pen frame to adjust the needle depth, to an 18-month warranty in case of unforeseen issues. You also get a 7 day a week/12-hour support window for any onboard situations that may arise. An all-around great gun with a well-deserved spot for the most excellent rotary machine.
Quick Features of BMX Tattoo Machine
- High speed and efficient rotary tattoo machines, it saves time and effort.
- This pen style apparatus is also suitable for eyebrows, eyeliner, and lip liner.
- Comes with the pen, connection cord, and two pen cartridges (compatible with all pen cartridges).
- Great for both lining and shading.
- A simple twist of the machine frame adjusts the needle depth from 0 to 4.5mm and 3.5mm stroke.
- Guarantees quieter operation with less vibration.
- Does multiple jobs from body tattooing to eye-lining.
- These rotary tattoo machines are made with aviation aluminum for less stress while holding.
- 18 month warranty with 7/12 customer service available.
- This Rotary machine requires more maintenance to ensure it runs properly.
- Some people do not like the prolonged buzzing.
Frequently Asked Questions for BMX Tattoo Machine
Is this rotary tattoo machine returnable?
Yes. It also includes an 18-month warranty.
How much does it weigh?
Approx.12 ounces all set up.
Is this a kit?
No, it is just the pen, 2 needle cartridges, and cord.
2. Solong Tattoo Kit Rotary Machine Pen – Best for Color Packing
The Solong tattoo kit rotary machine pen was designed with comfort in mind. The ergonomic, anti-slip grip ensures that your hand remains stable throughout each use. This is especially important when working on larger tattoos or if you are using a lighter needle depth setting. It also features an adjustable speed dial for convenience and consistency during every session. Each purchase comes with free shipping worldwide! Make sure to click “Add To Cart” before this limited-time offer expires!
This miniature rotary tattoo machine would be perfect for beginners who want something more powerful than a traditional tattoo gun without having to spend too much money upfront. It comes with just the right amount of power and speed to be used on larger tattoos without too much fatigue or strain, especially when paired with a cartridge tattoo needle set. If you take good care of it after every use by using the included cleaning brush & oiling up your machine as necessary, this tool should last for years!
This Solong Hybrid Pen Kit comes with EVERYTHING. Equipped with all you need to start tattooing out of the box, this set enjoys so much product it’s hard to decide where to start. The best tattoo pen machine you receive works for body tattoos as well as permanent best tattoo cover-up makeup. Whether you are a tattoo artist or a permanent makeup tech you’ll love what the Solong Hybrid Tattoo Pen has to offer. It comes with permanent makeup templates and gloves.
Quick Features of Solong Hybrid Pen
- Hybrid pen for both body tattoos and permanent makeup applications with low noise.
- These rotary tattoo machines are compatible with Hawk needle cartridges in all sizes.
- Made with a powerful 4.5W nanotechnology motor.
- 20 needle cartridge assortment in mixed sizes.
- 100 ink caps in assorted sizes of large, medium, and small and one ink cap holder.
- These rotary tattoo machines have LED light built-in power supply and foot pedals.
- Coreless coil machine with black and gray color.
- Set of 7 permanent makeup inks in 1/2oz bottles.
- 14 bottle Solong Tattoo ink set in 5ml size.
- 1 – 30ml bottle of Solong Tattoo Ture Black tattoo ink.
- Eyebrow practice skin and a pair of gloves.
- Each pen comes with a one year maintenance warranty at no cost.
- Pen rotary tattoo machine perfect for any tattooing session.
- Authentic rotary tattoo machine having 3.5 mm stroke ability needle bar and cartridge needles for fine lines.
- Great pen style starter kit.
- Easy to clean than coil tattoo machines.
- These rotary tattoo machines are comfortable to use.
- Comes with virtually everything you need to start right away.
- Pen like rotary tattoo machines having capability of 3.5 mm stroke.
- Doesn’t come with a manual.
- Some customers question the quality of the ink.
Frequently Asked Questions for Solong Hybrid Pen
Does the power plug work in the US?
Can this be used for eyeliner?
Yes, each machine comes with makeup ink.
Do these rotary tattoo machines come with a carry case?
No, it does not.
3. Solong Permanent Tattoo Pen Kit
Here is another great Solong product for our list of top-class tattoo machines. Made with aircraft aluminum alloy and covered with an anodized finish, this tattoo pen feels natural in the hand. You feel like you’re holding an actual pen. This makes drawing those fine lines and shading a breeze. The tattoo pen machine is great for tattooing as well as applying permanent makeup making it a great all-around buy.
Quick Features of Solong Permanent Pen
- A 10w motor that doesn’t get hot after long use, and runs quietly and smoothly.
- 7-12V DC operating voltage.
- A stroke length of 3.5mm and a needle protrusion of 0-3.5mm.
- Free plug adapter.
- You get the pen, a digital tattoo power supply, a foot pedal, ENOS needles, 50pcs/ needle cartridges: 1203RL, 1205RS, 1205F, 1207RM, 1213RM…10 of each.
- This pen rotary machine comes in 3 colors.
- Pen rotary tattoo machines are easy to use and create less noise than any other coil tattoo machine.
- Each Cheyenne Hawk machine comes with a manual.
- This machine is more powerful than Cheyenne Hawk Pen, FK irons and/or Spektra xion.
- Works well with other cartridges.
- LED light indicator.
- Not recommended for beginners.
- Power chords get in the way for some customers.
- Some people claim it is too powerful for permanent makeup applications.
Frequently Asked Questions for Solong Permanent Tattoo Pen Kit
Does the needle go up and down or zigzag?
It goes up and down.
Is the needle depth-adjustable by twisting the ergo grips?
Twisting the tip of the grip makes it easy for needle adjustment.
What size do needles come with the pen?
The pen comes with one needle. You would need to buy extra needle cartridges.
4. Horiking Tattoo Machine – Best for Black and Grey Tattoo Work
Being a representative of the top-class rotary machine list, we have added the HoriKing tattoo pen because it is exceptional for making fine lines and shading with black and gray. It comes apart in three pieces making for easy maintenance and cleaning. Because this pen rotary tattoo machine runs with such smooth precision, it guarantees quicker healing and better comfort. It makes a great addition to your inking arsenal.
Quick Features of Horiking Tattoo Machine
- Japanese motor 5V, working voltage 5-10V perfect for mm stroke.
- The rotary pen tattoo machine is easier to disassemble, repair, and maintain than coil tattoo machines.
- Comes in various vibrant colors
- Actual pen rotary tattoo machine along with needle bar and tattoo power supply.
- The surface is frosted metal and made of aluminum alloy.
- Great for lining shading.
- Stays cool for longer operating time.
- Stylish rotary tattoo machines look like fk irons.
- Everyone likes this pen.
- Sleek design makes it easy for comfortable holding.
- Runs cool, longer so you can complete your work quickly.
- Comes as a pen only with one needle.
Frequently Asked Questions for Horiking Tattoo Machine
Is this pen comfortable?
Yes, it feels just like a real pen.
Is this a kit?
No, it comes with one needle. You need to buy accessories.
Where is it made?
The pen is made in China, the brushless motor is made in Japan.
5. Dragonhawk Mast Tattoo Pen – Best Rotary Tattoo Machines on the Market
The post-Dragonhawk mast tattoo pen appeared first on TATTOOS YOU CAN BE PROUD OF. Tattoos You Can Be Proud Of is a great source of all kinds of unique body art that you won’t find anywhere else online. Find your style today at Tatouages Vous Pouvez Etre Fier de !
Dragonhawk extreme rotary tattoo is a pen-style rotary machine brand that has high puncture power but still runs smoothly and quietly with no vibration. It is sleek and quiet just like holding a conventional pen, making outlining quick and easy. It comes with 50 needles so you won’t be running out soon and it packs color very well. For a great all-around best rotary tattoo pen, you will want to give this one a buy.
Quick Features of Dragonhawk Mast Pen Tattoo Machine
- Mast pen weighs 142g.
- Connection is DC.
- Made from aviation aluminum.
- Comes with the rotary tattoo pen, LED light built-in power supply, cord, and 50 needle pine cartridges.
- Suitable for every skin type.
- Brushless DC motor.
- Mast pen original design…easy to install / multi-functional / effort saving / safe-to-use.
- Brushless motor makes it very powerful and smoother to operate than coil tattoo machines.
- Don’t leave your hand vibrating after a while.
- Extreme rotary tattoo machine with tattoo needles set.
- Made with aviation aluminum.
- Very easy to set up and use.
- Each machine comes with 50 needle pine cartridges.
- Compatible with any kinds of tattoo needles.
- Most familiar for its customer service
- Not suitable for permanent makeup.
- Some customers say the ergo grips are a little slick.
Frequently askedFrequently Asked Questions for Dragonhawk Mast Tattoo Pen
Are the needles RL1?
Can you use Big Wasp cartridges?
How long is the power cord?
6. Dragonhawk Atom m1 Tattoo Gun – Best for Lining and Shading Work
Red, gold, or black, your choice, the Atom M1 tattoo switch pen-style machine comes equipped with the world’s best built-in on/off switch so you can control your work with the press of the switch knob. The Japanese motor is tested tens of thousands of times so you know you are getting the best quality for your money. This rotary tattoo pen is made to last. The grip tape can be sterilized in an autoclave or sprayed with cold sterilization products. We have collaborated with Atom M1 Tattoo to provide the best value to the customer. Made with solid rods of high-grade aluminum it is then polished and anodized. An exceptional machine for all kinds of work.
Quick Features of Dragonhawk Atom m1 Tattoo Gun
- DragonHawk power supply. Press the button for 3-5 seconds to turn on, then press once for continuous mode.
- Tattoo work controlled by a rotary pen switch.
- RCA connection, 28mm diameter, 118mm long from tip to tip.
- Anti-roll design.
- Brushless DC motor.
- World’s best built-in on/off switch.
- Great for lining, fine dot work, color packing, shading, realistic black and white.
- First machine was made like a real pen without the foot control.
- Extreme rotary tattoo machine.
- Powerful stroke length with needle pine cartridges.
- Compatible with all size cartridges and most brand cartridges on the market.
- Made for professional tattoo artists.
- Medical grade brushless motor, custom designed for flawless performance.
- Extreme rotary tattoo machine with brushless dc motor.
- Two customers said the end of the pen came off when pulling the power cord off.
Frequently Asked Questions for Dragonhawk Atom m1 Tattoo Gun
Does it come with extra needles?
You have to purchase needle pine cartridges.
Does it come in more than black?
It comes in gold and red also.
7. Mast Tour Tattoo Machine
A small pen with a big punch. This best tattoo pen machine is the shortest machine made with a special component for longest-lasting use. The Japanese coreless motor is tested extensively to have guaranteed use for at least 3000 hours. This pen-style rotary has a lightweight design that comes in six dynamic colors for professional tattoo artists who are on the go. Customers love it because it is smart, flexible, and convenient to use.
Quick Features of Mast Tour Tattoo Machine
- w motor 4V.
- Weight 82g.
- Small, with a 25mm grip size, it is easy to grip.
- Easy to pack and travel friendly.
- Classic tattoo machine, simple and most suitable for exacting line work.
- Pen style machine – one of the best rotary tattoo machines available right now for its quick and easy performance.
- Better quality and less trauma.
- Perfect for the tattoo artist.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Designed for easier cartridge changing and replacement.
- Well performance and low maintenance than coil ones.
- Smallest design for easy travel.
- Durable pen-like design.
- Flexible for better control.
- Not best for larger tattoos.
- Difficult to use with larger hands.
- Some customers say they need to have it replaced after a few tattoos.
Frequently Asked Questions for Mast Tour Tattoo Machine
What is the voltage range?
6V-9V for the w motor.
Can the needle length be adjusted with a retainer screw?
Yes, it can.
Is the stroke length adjustable when doing lining shading?
Yes. It’s smooth…not a click.
8. Dragonhawk Atom Tattoo Kit
These rotary tattoo machines are designed to give you the closest feel to a real pen you can get. Very lightweight at 135g, it is designed to be held for a long time without getting heavy to hold. The frame is high-grade anodized aluminum for a durable machine and it comes in four great style choices. The needle depth is adjustable from 0-4.5mm depth with a 3.5mm stroke. The Dragonhawk Atom Tattoo Pen offers you a better user experience with its easy-to-operate features. Just rotating the grip adjusts the needle depth so you can keep on going. This tattoo machine makes the list for quality and kit essentials, including 20 needle pine cartridges.
Quick Features of Dragonhawk Atom
- Stable operation between 6-9V.
- Needle protrusion 0-4.5mm with 3.5mm stroke.
- Rotating grip for needle adjustment.
- Unibody with low noise, long-lasting stability.
- Compatible with all needle pine cartridges.
- Best rotary tattoo machines make it easy for tattoo artists.
- 20 pc needle pine cartridges for adjustable needle depth.
- DC cord connection.
- 9000 R per minute. Strong and powerful w motor.
- Great for lining and shading.
- Best rotary tattoo machines with LED light built-in power supply, powerful needle depth for mm stroke, grip tape, clip cord connection and needle bars for all types of tattooing session.
- Complete kit with 20 needle cartridges.
- These tattoo machines work like a real pen.
- Sturdy construction and durable.
- Great for lining shading with this pen style tool.
- Some customers say it comes incomplete.
- The needles can slip out.
- It doesn’t come with ink.
Frequently Asked Questions for Dragonhawk Atom
Is this pen style rotary a good set for a beginner?
It is a good set for a beginner or a pro.
What size do cartridges come with this pen-style rotary product?
3RL and 5RM.
Does it come with mags or rounds?
These best rotary tattoo machines come with both.
9. Yilong Tattoo Kit Gun – Best Machines for Tattoo Craft
Tattoo guns are a classic staple in the tattoo industry, and this type of machine is an essential part of any professional artist’s work. YILONG has come up with a high-quality gun that can be used by professionals or amateurs alike when trying out their first tattoos.
If you are looking for a heavy-duty, professional tattoo machine, this pen-style rotary is the right one for you. The Yilong professional tattoo machine is made with the artist in mind. The unibody is constructed with lightweight space aluminum alloy and is precision carved by CNC (computer numerical control) to ensure that each component works with the best of accuracy. Japanese engineering uses less energy but packs more power for 4 to 5 hours of heat-free usage. The kit comes with 20 blue tattoo needle cartridges in sizes 3.5RL and 5.7M1. This is the finest rotary machine for starters and experienced artists alike.
Quick Features of Yilong Tattoo Gun
- Lining voltage of 7V-8.5V and shading voltage of 8-10V.
- Operating voltage of 8-10V.
- Length of stroke 3.5mm.
- LED tattoo power, net weight 165g, can be connected by clip cord, using foot pedal it has an LCD display.
- 20 needle pine cartridges in two sizes needle depth for easy coloring and low skin lesions with perfect mm stroke.
- Adjustable tattoo grip.
- 3 needle bars.
- Adjustable diameter approx. 27mm.
- Total length approx 80-85mm.
- Adjustable use, compatible with Hawk needles.
- Made with solid aircraft aluminum metal makes it perfect rotary machines.
- Space aluminum alloy unibody construction.
- Compatible with Hawk needles.
- Use for both shading and lining.
- Not recommended for permanent makeup.
- Does not come with ink.
Frequently Asked Questions for Yilong Gun
Is this tattooing machine cordless?
No, it comes with a power supply, cord, and foot pedal.
Does it come with needles?
Yes, it comes with 20 needle pine cartridges.
10. Yuelong Tattoo Machine
The ergonomic, lightweight design of these best rotary tattoo machines makes them more comfortable to hold for better accuracy and control. It makes our list for preeminent rotary machines because it is specifically made with ease of use in mind so you can keep working with no worries. Its wireless power features offer 8-10V of operating power that is completely adjustable and fits all brands of power supply plus it’s compatible with all types of needle cartridges. It even comes with an adapter cord for other power supplies. This tattoo pen is versatile. Not only does it line and shade well, but it’s also great for permanent makeup as well. Tattoo artists and makeup technicians will agree that this rotary tattoo machine kit works well for any need.
Quick Features of Yuelong Tattoo Machine
- Advanced gear system with high puncturing power and frequency.
- Quiet operation without any vibration. Operates continuously without getting hot.
- Compatible with all types of power supplies and types of cartridge needles.
- 5V: 5V, 6.5V, 8V, 9.5V, 11V – Hold button for on/off – Double click to switch between voltages.
- Use a regular USB charger to recharge.
- Allows rotary machines to work without clip cords.
- Lightweight and easy to carry with you.
- Satisfaction guaranteed. Completely refundable. If for any reason you are not happy with your purchase you can return it for a full refund.
- mm stroke – 3.5 mm stroke ability.
- Wireless. No cord to get in the way of your work.
- Compatible with all power supplies and needle cartridges.
- Comes with 20pc needle cartridges.
- High quality machine with Low maintenance.
- LED light indicator power supply.
- Budget-friendly price tag for tattoo artists.
- Too small for bigger hands.
- No instruction manual.
- Louder than some machines.
Frequently Asked Questions for Yuelong Machine
Is the battery rechargeable?
Yes, and you can adjust the voltage.
Does it come with a case?
Is it used for permanent makeup?
Yes, it is good to use for body tattoo and provide a means to permanent makeup application.
11. Hawink Tattoo Pen
The Hawink tattoo pen machine is short but packs a punch and this german made pill pen comes in red and orange, so you can even choose the color you want. Lightweight and very stable, it is the first choice for tattoo professionals. It is made with aircraft aluminum and feels like a real pen in the hand. It is built to be very quiet and it vibrates less than conventional machines so holding it for long periods of time causes less strain. This is definitely a good choice when considering the most excellent tattoo machine.
Quick Features of Hawink
- Extremely quiet and easy to clean pen tattoo machine.
- Stays cool even after a long session.
- Lightweight and stable, it is very simple to master tattoo artists.
- Less irritation to skin. Hurts less.
- V8 TDI power.
- Easy to push above 15M needles.
- Rated voltage is 12V.
- Made by CNC (computer numerical control).
- Very comfortable to use. Makes you feel you have better control.
- Compact and great quality.
- Pocket friendly price tag.
- This is just a rotary tattoo pen and cord.
Frequently Asked Questions for Hawink
Is this a kit or just a pen?
This is just the pen and chord. You have to purchase the accessories separately.
How much does it weigh?
What is the best operating voltage?
5-10V. You don’t want to go over 10V as it will put undue stress on the machine.
12. Bronc Premium Rotary Machine – Best Tattoo Machine for Novice Tattoo Artists
We give the highest marks to the BRONC premium rotary tattoo machine pen for professional tattoo artists that were made to give you the closest feel of a real pen out there. It LOOKS like a pen and comes in six cool colors to boot. The body is made with aircraft aluminum and weighs a scant 154g. It has long-lasting stability and is equipped with a Swiss-made motor that runs smoothly between 5 and 7 volts. It has a DC power source and an RCA cord connection. This device sets an excellent work environment for beginners, apprentices, and experts. If you are looking for higher-end tattoo supplies, it is guaranteed to meet your needs. If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the product, any part is fully refundable or exchangeable.
Quick Features of Bronc
- Pen shaped for REAL PEN feel! Pen tattoo machine.
- Easy to use and comes with a convenient pen tray.
- Cartridges are easy to pop in and out.
- No load starting voltage 4V DC.
- Operating voltage is 5-12V DC with recommended rate at 6V for optimal use.
- Length of stroke is 3.5mm with adjustment to 4.5mm.
- Comes with 1ML of lubricant and 1 bag of O-rings.
- Satisfaction guaranteed. Full refund or exchange for any reason.
- Very popular by beginners to experts.
- Best rotary tattoo machine for the tattoo artists.
- Works and feels like a real pen.
- Comes with a full guarantee.
- Shades like machines of much higher price.
- Experienced buyers choose this pen over others.
- Some customers say it is too powerful and needs to be adjusted carefully.
- Not completely silent.
- Not recommended for permanent makeup.
Frequently Asked Questions for Bronc Premium Tattoo Machine
What type of oil is used when lubricating a pen?
You can use the “Super Lube” brand.
Can this push magnum cartridges?
Yes, and very well.
Is this the V7 or an older version?
It is an older version.
13. Hawink Direct Drive Tattoo Machine
Another Hawink rotary tattoo pen has made this list for preeminent tattoo machines. Chosen for the simple reason that like the other one, it simply works and feels so much like a real pen. Why is this important? Any artist knows that the tool you use in executing your art is an extension of your hand. If you can’t “feel” while you’re working, you just can’t make true lines or get exact shading. This Hawink tattoo pen is that. It feels so natural in your hand it is easy to get the design you want exactly down the way you intend it.
Quick features of hawink direct drive tattoo machine
- A coreless motor DC drive with a rated voltage of 12V.
- Needle protrusion of 0-3.7mm with an adjustable 3.5mm stroke.
- Pen is completely adjustable in three parts to meet your exacting standards. Easily disassembled, the grip can be adjusted to select lining and shading. The drive can be adjusted for hard or soft lines. The motor can be replaced with wheels of different sizes.
- Needle depth adjustment functionality.
- Light and ergonomic for top rate maneuverability.
- Convenient and interchangeable strokes for better control.
- Adjust needle stroke at the turn of the knob.
- Works with all types of needle cartridges.
- Made with aircraft aluminum alloy for light-weight design.
- Hits hard and shades soft.
- Rivals much more expensive machines.
- Handsome design and packaging.
- Economically priced for the value.
- Some customers claim it is loud.
- Not suitable for permanent makeup.
Frequently asked questions for hawink direct drive tattoo machine
Is this pen comparable to the Fx Xion?
Yes, the machines are practically identical except the P2 is cheaper.
Does this come with accessories?
No, it is just the pen.
What is the operating voltage?
14. Stigma Tattoo Machine
Stigma tattoo machine is a high-quality product that offers incredible value for money. It has been manufactured by Solong Tattoo, the company that took over from Stigma Industries Ltd in 2015, and has since then taken their knowledge of building great machines to extreme lengths.
The aim was to produce a device at a very reasonable price point whilst ensuring it still provided all professional features needed for modern-day tattooing. The result is the Inkster stigma mini complete package with everything you need to be included!
Stigma Tattoo Kit Rotary – it’s pink. Well, technically it’s rose gold but if you just have to have a rotary tattoo pen in a specific color, then here’s your Stigma rotary. But don’t let vanity sway you. This finest tattoo pen – stigma rotary PERFORMS! First of all, it comes with two batteries. Two. While you’re busy working you can rest assured that as your operating battery drains, there is one plugged in and ready to keep you on task. You also receive 20 needle cartridges that are gas sterilized and individually packaged. This rotary tattoo pen uses any cartridge as an even added bonus. With gloves, a carrying case, and a one-year warranty you can’t go wrong with the Stigma Rotary Tattoo Pen Kit.
Quick Features of Stigma Machine
- Japanese made, space aluminum alloy motor operational 12V.
- Two batteries. When one is working the other one can be charging and at the ready. Indicator light shows when it’s time to switch.
- 20 pc gas sterilized needle cartridges.
- Compatible for all types of needle cartridges.
- Adjustable power supply helps to adjust the stroke length.
- Needle depth adjustment functionality.
- CE certified with a one year warranty.
- Beautiful rose gold exterior.
- Comes with two rolls of tape, gloves, connector cord and a convenient carry case.
- Ergonomically designed for comfort.
- 0-4.5mm needle protrusion with a 3mm stroke length.
- Pen style rotary machine – has the ability to adjust the stroke length.
- Two batteries to make work more efficient.
- Handsome design and carry case.
- Powerful motor with advanced gear system.
- Machine like pen style rotary with adjust the stroke length.
- Batteries don’t sink all the way.
- Batteries are not that long lasting.
- Some customers say the needles dull faster than usual.
Frequently Asked Questions for Stigma Tattoo Machine
How long does the battery last?
It should last for 3-4 hours and there is a backup battery for this stigma rotary tattoo machine.
Do you need a foot pedal for this stigma rotary tattoo machine?
No, the battery has an on/off button.
What do other brand cartridges work with this machine?
Big Wasps are great.
15. Yosoo Dragonfly Tattoo Machine
Last on the list for the finest rotary pen but definitely not the least, this rotary tattoo pen is sure to help you get the job done right. There is no second time when it comes to tattooing so you need to know you’re working with quality. This Yosoo Dragonfly is lightweight, powerful, and easy to use for tattooists of all levels of expertise. It comes in 7 vibrant colors and is so economical you’ll want to collect them all. It has a stainless steel shaft and uses screws to set the needle. This allows for finer adjustment. It works as a liner and shader to meet all of your needs.
Quick Features of Yosoo Dragonfly
- Stainless steel shaft, uses a screw to set the needle instead of a rubber band for finer adjustment.
- 7 great colors to choose from.
- Very economical.
- Great for lining and shading tattooing style.
- Low vibration for low voice to practically silent operation.
- A good tattoo pen for beginners.
- Dragonfly design for a sure hold.
- Uses a screw for needle adjustment for finer tuning.
- 7 great colors.
- A great starter gun for beginners, but good for anyone.
- Works great for the tattooing style value.
- Moving parts are plastic.
- Better for shading than lining.
- Gets hot quickly.
Frequently Asked Questions for Yosoo Dragonfly
Does this come with needles?
No, it does not.
What is the operating voltage?
Is the motor built-in?
Tattoo Machines Glossary
Rotary Tattoo Machine
A small motor and tattoo needle is the main parts of a rotary tattoo machine. The tattoo needle is attached to the motor. When the motor starts operating, the needle smoothly moves, following up and down motion to create a tattoo design on the skin. This machine type is extremely quiet.
Direct drive is a newly invented rotary tattoo machine type getting popular over the last few years. It consists of a motor shaft, cam wheel, and needle. The cam wheel is attached to the motor shaft, and the needle gets attached to the cam wheel. When the wheel moves circularly, the needle makes up and down movements with a needle bar’s help. Direct drive rotary tattoo machines are much more efficient than other rotary machine types.
Rotary Tattoo Machine Kit
Over the last few years, manufacturers are producing rotary tattoo machine kits. These kits include all the necessary tattoo equipment such as tattoo ink, foot pedal, gloves, power cord, tattoo needle, etc. As a result, buying a rotary tattoo machine kit means you don’t need to buy separate tattoo equipment to design a tattoo.
When preparing a tattoo equipment list, a tattoo gun is the first item that needs to be written in the first position. Without this, a tattoo design can’t be done. Generally, tattoo guns are 2 types: coil tattoo guns, rotary tattoo guns. A coil tattoo gun is the most popular one and is used by many professional tattoo artists. In comparison, the rotary tattoo machine is quite a new addition to the tattoo industry. Both tattoo guns are unique in their characteristics and efficient enough in delivering beautiful tattoo designs.
SpektraXion is a pen-style tattoo machine manufactured by the renowned manufacturer FK irons. This tattoo gun’s unique feature is that it allows tattoo artists to interchange the strokes to achieve different tattooing styles. Moreover, an artist can lock the needle depth settings using the ratchet mechanism. Aircraft-grade aluminum is used in the construction of the tattoo machine. Also, the stroke length is adjustable between 3.7 mm and 3.2 mm. It is lightweight, easy to grip, and comes with an ergonomic design.
A Brushless motor converts electrical energy to mechanical energy. This motor has many benefits compared to a brushed motor. It uses magnets to generate power. This way, brushless motors don’t create friction, generate less heat, and confirm better performance.
Although tattoos are not a popular thing in Japan, tattoo machines with Japanese motors are much more popular nowadays, globally. Japanese motors are efficient and long-lasting performers. This is why tattoo machine manufacturers like Dragonhawk, Hawick, Stigma, etc., started using Japanese motors in tattoo machines.
Japanese Coreless Motor
From the name itself, you can get an idea that a Japanese coreless motor uses a copper wire winding in a coil that rotates around the outside of a cylindrical magnet instead of the iron core. Japanese coreless motor capacity is greatly enhanced due to superior magnet processing technology.
The power source of a tattoo machine is DC current. However, battery-operated tattoo machines are also available in the market, but they are not quite popular among tattoo artists. Since DC current is used in tattoo machines, make sure to use the right power source when working with a tattoo machine.
Mast tattoo pen is manufactured by Dragonhawk, allowing a tattoo artist to achieve a wide range of tattoo designs and techniques. It is easy to use and comes with a maintenance-free design. This tattoo pen is equipped with a Mast motor and upgraded gear system, ensuring quiet and reliable tattoo designing with vibration.
The tattoo clip cord is one of the significantly essential tattoo supplies. Without it, you just can’t get a power source in your tattoo machine. It has to be reliable and durable enough since damage to your tattoo machine can happen with a cheap clip cord. So, always buy clip cords from branded manufacturers such as Sotica, Romlon, Jconly, etc.
The tattoo foot pedal is a device located on the floor, allowing a tattoo artist to control the tattoo machine. When buying a tattoo foot pedal, make sure it is made of sturdy material like stainless steel since you will use it through your foot to expose it to excessive pressure for sure. This is the reason; it has to be much more durable.
A few models of tattoo machines come with LED light features. It helps remove the dark or low light condition from the tattooing area when the tattoo machine starts working. As a result, a tattoo artist can focus on the design more precisely.
Rotary tattoo machines are renowned for their quiet operation. When tattooing, a tattoo artist needs to concentrate on working since tattooing is a quite complicated process. So, the tattoo machine’s noise operation can disturb the artist, and the design can get ruined. Quiet operation is beneficial to achieve a significant tattoo design.
Fine lines are a new trend in a tattoo design. Many celebrities are now opting to wear this design. However, fine line tattoos can be of multiple sizes; micro tattoos are the trendy fine line tattoo design. This simple and small design can also carry a message or tell about one’s personality.
The coil tattoo machine consists of 2 coils and an armature bar, and it performs using electromagnetic current. The armature bar starts moving when electromagnetic current passes through the coils. Thus, hammer-like motion is created so that the needle can move up and down to create a stunning tattoo design. Professional tattoo artists prefer using coil tattoo machines due to their impressive performance.
A tattooing session depends on the tattoo design. However, a tattoo design can be small, medium, and big. Even a big tattoo design may take a whole day to finish.
The most common question of a person before tattooing is, “do tattoo machines hurt?” The truth is, the whole tattooing process hurts. Since a tattoo machine penetrates the skin to create a design, consider bearing the pain when you decide to wear a tattoo. Whether the tattoo design is big, small, or medium, tattooing is a painful process, indeed.
If you are confused wondering why rubber bands are used in tattoo machines, then you are at the right place. The responsibility of the rubber band is to stabilize the tattoo machine and stop swaying. Proper movement of the tattoo machine is confirmed when using a rubber band. Always look for synthetic rubber bands because they offer reliable performance.
All tattoo machine types perform because of the needle movement. The movement of the needle happens with the help of a tattoo machine motor. When needle movement happens, all tattoo machine types create a crisp and beautiful design on the skin.
Voltage is pretty essential when working with a tattoo machine. However, no thumb rule is there regarding the voltage range of a tattoo machine. The voltage range of the tattoo machine is 4 – 12 Volts. You will need to keep in mind that tattoo machines perform best when running them using less voltage.
If you can’t grip a tattoo machine comfortably, can you work with it proficiently? In fact, it is not possible. So, when buying a tattoo machine, make sure your selected item comes with an ergonomic design to grip it comfortably. Often you may need to work with a tattoo machine for an extended period, so comfortable gripping will ensure no fatigue in the hands and arms.
Tattooing is a form of art designed by using a tattoo machine and tattoo ink. The popularity of this body art has been on an increasing trend over the last decades. Many celebrities from different sectors have at least one tattoo on their body.
Generally, the tattoo machine’s needle oscillates at a frequency range of 60 – 150 Hz. Every tattoo machine comes with a variable frequency feature. A tattoo artist needs to set up the frequency range depending on the tattoo design.
Extreme Rotary Tattoo Machine
Extreme rotary tattoo machines are specially designed for achieving more efficient lining and coloring. They come with a steel spring which ensures better elasticity and is suitable for longer use. Moreover, strong steel springs make the machine more stable and resilient. Furthermore, an oily slider of extreme rotary tattoo machines makes them lower the coefficient of friction.
Pen Tattoo Machine
Pen tattoo machines come with an ergonomic shape, providing complete freedom of movement when creating a tattoo design. They are easy to grip because of their pen-style design.
Tattoo needles are another essential tattoo equipment that directly gets in contact with skin. You will find a wide collection of tattoo needles in the market. The most commonly used tattoo needles are Curved Magnum Shaders, Double Stacks, Round Liners, Magnum Shaders, Round Shaders, and Flat Shaders.
A tattoo artist is responsible for creating permanent decorative tattoos on the skin. They work under an experienced or trained mentor to take their tattooing skill to a whole new level in the initial stage. Bang Bang, Paul Booth, Scott Campbell are widely known tattoo artists.
Pen Rotary Machine
Pen rotary machines perform quietly because of their small motor that helps the needle move up and down. They are inexpensive compared to other tattoo machines. Pen rotary tattoo machines are an ideal option for daily tattooing.
Tattoo machines with 3.5mm strokes are the best option for shading and lining both. Using a 3.5mm stroke tattoo machine, you will be able to create the expected tattoo design on your customer’s skin.
Many beginner tattoo artists want to know what should be the needle depth when tattooing? Remember, the needle should go into 3 – 4 layers of the skin when tattooing. If you go deeper, the tattoo will be bumpy after the healing process.
The needle bar is the most noticeable part of a tattoo needle. It is a long cylindrical piece of steel usually fashioned in a loop at one end with no flat plate or anything at the other end.
Tattoo grip tape is a self-supporting grip made of elastic fibers and non-woven cotton material. The characteristic of tattoo grip tape will simply amaze you. It sticks to itself, not to the skin or hand gloves.
The linear action of cartridge needles is incredibly smooth, giving an even needle flow without high tension and slow retraction. It is a hygienic, efficient, and user-friendly advanced mechanism to be used for creating fab tat.
Aircraft aluminum is a lightweight and durable material. This material is used to manufacture tattoo machines by top-rated manufacturers. Undoubtedly, tattoo machines of aircraft aluminum are long-lasting, lightweight so that you won’t face any problem when working for many hours.
Aluminum alloy is a metal type, and it is a blend of several metallic elements where aluminum is the major metal. Copper, tin, magnesium, zinc, etc., are the other metals used in this blend. Aluminum alloys are available with a variety of strengths. The robustness of aluminum alloy depends on the ratio of the used metals in the blend.
The process of applying pigment to the skin to fill the surface area with the purpose to hide any negative spots is known as color packing. However, this is not a good process in tattooing because it may damage the skin.
Adjust the Stroke Length
Stroke length adjustment is a pretty essential process when setting up a tattoo machine in order to get the expected shade. 2.6mm – 3.4mm is short stroke length, 3.5mm – 4.4mm is medium stroke length, and 4.4mm – 5.5mm is long stroke range. Stroke length adjustment can easily be made with the available knob in the tattoo machine.
The adjustments between your tattoo machine and power supply settings should be made before using your machine. 7.5 – 8.5 V and 8 – 9 V is recommended for coloring and lining, respectively, when using a rotary machine. On the other hand, 7.5 – 8.5 V and 8 – 12 V is recommended for coloring and lining, respectively, when using a coil tattoo machine.
Lining and Shading
Lining and shading are the 2 critical parts of a tattoo design. You will have to give more time when doing lining than shading. Another worth mentioning thing is, the rotary tattoo machine can be used both as a shader or liner. But to get shading, you have to buy a shader coil tattoo machine, and for lining, a liner coil tattoo machine is the best option.
What Is the Secret of Rotary Pen’s Popularity?
Actually, all tattoo machines are divided into 2 portions. Rotary and coil. Both of the types are unique in their way.
To many tattoo artists, the coil tattoo machine is much popular because these machines are readily available and comparatively cheap. Also, they provide delicate lining and shading too.
Although coil tattoo machines are widely used, rotary machines are also gaining popularity in recent years.
Rotary tattoo pens are available with so many benefits. And an experienced or beginner’s hand can create artwork similar to coil tattoo machines.
Let’s look at what secrets play a vital role in the rotary tattoo pen’s increasing popularity.
1. Weight: Compared to a coil tattoo machine, a rotary pen is much lighter. Generally, a coil tattoo machine contains an electromagnetic coil, and this is the reason coil tattoo machines are a bit bulky. On the other hand, the rotary pen machine doesn’t have this type of additional weight.
Due to its lightweight characteristics, a tattoo artist can work with a rotary pen for a more extended period. It also means less hand fatigue and cramping. Thus, the artist can concentrate on the work, and there will be no chance of making mistakes.
2. Noise: The electromagnetic motor in the coil tattoo machine generates a significant amount of noise.
This sound can break the concentration of a tattoo artist, and similarly, a new tattoo wearer may find it a bit unusual. And the person may think, wearing a tattoo is profoundly painful.
Rotary tattoo pens don’t create any sound. For this reason, the tattoo wearer will get a psychological perception that wearing a tattoo is less painful.
3. Versatility: A rotary tattoo pen is much more versatile than a coil tattoo machine. You can use a rotary machine either as a liner or a shader. However, it depends on the type of needle bar. So, you can complete a tattoo design using only a single tattoo pen machine. Even if the design is too complicated, changing the machine type is unnecessary.
But you can’t use a coil tattoo machine as both a liner or shader. A coil tattoo machine which has thick barrels along with a heavy coil can generate additional power so that the ink can drive into the skin. And these machines are good enough to work as a shader. But a coil tattoo liner machine contains a thin barrel and lighter coil.
4. Less Cost: A rotary pen machine is inexpensive than a coil tattoo machine. Since fewer accessories are required to manufacture a rotary pen machine, means the cost of manufacture is less. This way, rotary pen machines are less in price.
As a result, it is earning much popularity for beginners.
5. Less Vibration: One of the best benefits of rotary machines is, they vibrate less. For designing a tattoo, a steady hand is a must. If your hand vibrates due to the machine vibration, both the liner and shader will not be perfect. And in the end, the design will become poor.
Sometimes, the coil tattoo machine vibrates a lot. Since the tattoo machine doesn’t vibrate much, an artist feels comfortable while working with it. The tattoo design gets beautiful and amazing.
Except for the above benefits, a rotary pen will show the below characters:
– Less maintenance.
– No hassle while using, impressively user-friendly.
– Intricate liner and shader.
– Fast needle movement.
– Smooth and consistent performance.
– Only 1 adjustment is enough.
– Replacement parts are affordable in price.
– It doesn’t create much damage to the skin.
– A safe choice for coloring and lining.
– Comfortable setting up process.
Once you decide on purchasing a rotary tattoo pen, you will find a lot of brands that are manufacturing rotary pens. Out of so many brands, Hawink, Thunderbolt, Dragonhawk, Solong, Hummingway are the most popular among tattoo artists.
How Do I Choose a Tattoo Machine?
You will find a jungle out there of the rotary tattoo machine. And picking the best one is quite a daunting task. Lots of brands, designs, and models will make your shopping experience frustrating.
First of all, before purchasing, it would be best if you narrow down your choice of the list. Keep the below factors in your mind and pick the right rotary tattoo machine that meets your requirements.
1. Warranty: Tattoo machines are equipped with advanced technology and small components. And all these components play a vital role in the tattooing process.
Don’t assume that all tattoo machines come with a manufacturer warranty.
If the manufacturer’s warranty is not there, how will you protect your investment?
Well, at this point, you need to look for a rotary tattoo machine that comes with a warranty. The motor, frame, and other necessary components should come under warranty period.
Generally, all renowned manufacturers named Dragonhawk, Solong, and to name a few provide warranty to their rotary tattoo machine.
2. Material: The standard materials of rotary tattoo machines are aluminum, steel, brass, iron, or bronze. The characteristics of these materials are they are durable and provide long-period service.
Plus, the body of a rotary tattoo machine should be free from all types of rust and corrode. Make sure you have selected a rotary tattoo machine that is durable and rust-resistant.
3. Weight: This is not a prehistoric era. Days are gone when tattoo artists were using tattoo machines equipped with heavy materials.
Nowadays, a tattoo artist can make a selection from a large number of tattoo machines. Lightweight machines are flexible, have high accuracy, and are top productive too.
More massive machines will not give the same result, similar to a lightweight device.
So, it is essential to choose a lightweight rotary tattoo machine so that you can use it comfortably.
4. Length: When you are going to purchase a rotary tattoo machine, length is also a vital factor.
Generally, tattoo artists work in a compact design. And they are creating art on human skin. Moreover, working with human skin needs much more attention.
The standard length of a rotary tattoo machine is 4” – ½.” It is advisable not to look for a rotary tattoo machine that is more than 5” in length. If you purchase a machine more than 3.5” in length, you are welcome to rock-solid perfect results.
5. Motor: A motor is one of the critical parts of a rotary tattoo machine. The motor is responsible for providing power to the device.
And the good news is also there, which is from a renowned manufacturer, you will get a top-notch quality rotary tattoo machine that is equipped with quality motors.
If you ask me which one is the best tattoo machine motor? My answer will go to the Japanese tattoo machine motor. If you check for the rotary tattoo machine reviews of this motor, you will find a lot of praiseworthy words about it.
6. Capabilities: A rotary machine comes with numerous capabilities lining, shading, and coloring. So, be sure your selected rotary tattoo machine is compatible with working with all these three options. If you choose a solid perfect brand then it will definitely be easier for your purposes.
Because multiple switches are high-performance devices for novice and professionals also, and thus helps increase your tattooing potentiality. All professionals, beginners, or DIY lovers opt to own the perfect rotary machine. So, definitely close look on quality and brand name.
So, do some homework before you invest. Pick a rotary tattoo machine that is versatile, lightweight, and ergonomically designed.
7. Adjust the Stroke Length: Stroke length adjustment is a pretty essential process when setting up a tattoo machine in order to get the expected shade. 2.6mm – 3.4mm is short stroke length, 3.5mm – 4.4mm is medium stroke length, and 4.4mm – 5.5mm is long stroke range. Stroke length adjustment can easily be made with the available knob in the tattoo machine.
8. Power Supply: The adjustments between your tattoo machine and power supply settings should be made before using your machine. 7.5 – 8.5 V and 8 – 9 V is recommended for coloring and lining, respectively, when using a rotary machine. On the other hand, 7.5 – 8.5 V and 8 – 12 V is recommended for coloring and lining, respectively, when using a coil tattoo machine.
9. Lining and Shading: Lining and shading are the 2 critical parts of a tattoo design. You will have to give more time when doing lining than shading. Another worth mentioning thing is, the rotary tattoo machine can be used both as a shader or liner. But to get shading, you have to buy a shader coil tattoo machine, and for lining, a liner coil tattoo machine is the best option.
Does the Rotary Tattoo Machine Provide Much Pain?
The fact is; the pain of the tattooing process is definitely fully related to the perception to use any particular type of machine.
However, the pen-style rotary creates a pleasurable sound, and thus a customer assumes that the rotary tattoo machines are definitely good for pain relief tattooing operations.
Does an Excellent Rotary Tattoo Machine Cost High?
Generally, the price of an excellent rotary tattoo machine depends on many factors like the size, performance, material of the device, and so on. If you are a beginner, you should spend between $50 – $100 on an excellent rotary tattoo machine. And if you are a professional, your budget should be a good amount!
What Is the Speed Level of a Rotary Tattoo Machine?
The speed of the machine depends on the type of work that you are going to perform using the rotary tattoo machine.
The standard voltage range is 7.5V – 8.5 when you are making a shading design with the machine. And the rotary tattoo machine voltage range should be 8V – 9V for lining work.
Will It Be a Safe Decision to Purchase a Rotary Tattoo Machine?
Undoubtedly, the answer is yes. Rotary tattoo machines are so versatile that you can use them as both shaders and liners. Moreover, they are lightweight, low noise creator, and have less vibrator, as well as much maintenance, which is unnecessary.
So, you will never regret purchasing a rotary tattoo machine.
Buyer’s Guide to Choose the Best Rotary Tattoo Machines
Factors to Consider Before Buying the Best Rotary Tattoo Machines
Whether you are brand new to tattooing or have been doing it for years, there’s always an advantage in knowing your field. You want to purchase and use rotary tattoo machines/pens, so here we have a list of some of the things you might want to consider when choosing the one that is going to do the job you want.
- What’s in your wallet and does that really matter? You know they say, “you get what you pay for,” and with rotary tattoo machines it is true like anything else. You can spend upwards of 800.00 for the tippy top of the line brands, and of course you are going to get a gun made with the best materials available. But…with a little research you can often find rotary tattoo pens that do any job just fine and cost a fraction of what a higher end one would put you out. There are lots of options for less expensive machines that work just fine. You just have to do a little digging to find them.
- What do you need it for? Are you a tattoo artist? Are you a permanent makeup technician? Are you a professional who uses a tattoo gun every day or are you just into it for personal use? Buying the preeminent rotary tattoo machine for you will depend on these factors. Like in cost, you might need to buy an 800.00 machine because you use it all day long, every day. Then again, you might be able to spend less on a good quality machine because you just need one that will be dependable occasionally. The job will depend on what you’ll need. Do you do more lining or more shading? These factors will come into play when you shop.
- What about buying online vs. buying in the store? Buying in the store is always preferable when buying a rotary tattoo machine for obvious reasons. You can see what you are getting. Tattooing involves hygiene and safety. The best way to buy a clean, properly functioning machine is to see it in your hand of course. Buying online has all of the perks that buying online presents and that is, ease of sale, fast delivery, convenience. Buying something that has to be sterile and safe to use on humans can be tricky, but is not impossible to do if you keep certain things in mind. Buy from a reliable source. But how do you know? Read customer testimonials. and product reviews. Contact the seller and communicate with them personally. These things help in assuring you get a quality product.
- Always look for good brand machines. It creates your tattooing journey definitely more comfortable and longer lasting.
- If you’re new you can buy a rotary tattoo machine kit. There are two large kits in our list here for the most excellent rotary tattoo machine. Starting out can be overwhelming when figuring out what you need. Kits are good because many of them come with everything to get you started so here’s a few things to know when shopping for one. A carrying case is essential for keeping all of your supplies on hand. A good kit will have one. Needle cartridges. Tattoo needles come in varying sizes, so it is good to look for a kit that has a variety of needles to use. The little extras. Things like lubricant, gloves, wrap, and needle bars are necessary for tattooing and you can find great kits that include all of these things. You just have to research and shop around.
- Ink: All companies all inks are created using different safety tricks and at the same time companies are thinking for customer satisfaction also. You should focus on good brands of tattoo ink. This is also a product you will need to focus on when buying. Make sure the ink is good quality before you purchase.
- A safety kit (An important extra): Don’t spend all of your money on a great rotary tattoo machine and all the bells and whistles and forget to get a first-aid kit. You’ll definitely need it for any mishaps with your customers and you’ll want it for yourself of course, so don’t neglect this small but important product.
Benefits of Using a Rotary Tattoo Machine
There are a few different types of tattoo machines out there available. With so many to choose from, why are rotary tattoo machines a better choice? If you have other types of tattoo machines, what are the benefits of having a rotary tattoo machine/pen in your toolkit?
A rotary tattoo machine is perfect for all-around tattooing. There are specific guns for lining, shading, or permanent makeup applications, but there are rotary tattoo machines that do all of those things and more. Coil machines are the most affordable but are heavy and are harder to keep using on long projects, while rotary tattoo machines/pens are very lightweight and powerful. They are great for big tattoos and jobs that take a long time to complete.
Rotary tattoo machines are usually mid-priced and may cause less irritation than other machines. Pneumatic machines are definitely good machines for tattooing work and to purchase those types of high-quality machines, you should definitely think for a good amount of budget. Rotary tattoo pens are a dream to work with due to their ergonomic shape. They are shaped and feel just like a pen so hand fatigue is very low when using them.
Even if you use other types of tattoo machines, you would do yourself a great favor by having and using a rotary tattoo machine.
Our Final Winning Products and Why They Are the Best
Our list of the finest rotary tattoo machines is so all-inclusive of the best types and styles that this was really a hard decision to make. We poured over many samples of products to find the best for you here, so the very best of this list is a selection of three of the best, yet different types of purchases you might make when shopping for a great rotary tattoo machine.
We’ll start with #2 on our list. The Solong Tattoo Hybrid Tattoo Kit 2-in-1 (paid link) Rotary Tattoo Machine and Solong Permanent Makeup Pen (paid link) wins because everyone loves a kit, especially if you are a beginner. It has everything you need to get tattooing and create those amazing designs straight out of the box. Either you are experienced and like to have all of your supplies in one spot, or are just starting out and can use the benefits that getting what you need without the guesswork brings. This kit has plenty to get you going. A great choice and a winner here.
Next, we chose a rotary tattoo pen of all pens. #12 the BRONC Premium Quality Rotary Cartridge Tattoo Machine Gun Kit Pen (paid link) Type for Professional Tattoo Artists is simply a beautiful rotary tattoo pen and it matches its good looks with how it works. Feeling like a real pen, this machine is a clear head over winner because of the way it works. When you are drawing you need to be able to “feel” your work and with the sleek design and low vibration in the BRONC, it’s just like you’re using a real pencil. Lines are truer and shading is flawless with this machine and that is why it is in the top three from our list of the best rotary tattoo machines.
Lastly, because it is hands down the best pick for our list of the most excellent rotary tattoo machines, this pen has it all and then some. The makers of this product thought of things no one has considered as of yet and genius always goes to the head of the class.
From #14 on our list, the Stigma Tattoo Kit Rotary Tattoo Machine Pen (paid link) is so genius in its making that it well deserves the top slot on our list. It’s pink. It comes with everything you need including needles and gloves, but what is so cool about this little pen is that it comes with two batteries. You can work with one battery running and then just keep on going because when the indicator light says you’re out of power, you can just plug the other one in and keep going. It’s powerful and feels great in the hand. This little package is perfect. You couldn’t want anything more for the preeminent rotary tattoo machine out there. The all-around winner.
All in all, we did our best to bring you a list of the best rotary tattoo machines out there. There are so many different types and styles of machines/pens that it turned out that it has been best to pick a few from each category that is at the top of their game. Whether you are tattooing professionally or as an amateur, you will surely be able to find what you’re looking for. Whether your tattoo or are a permanent makeup technician, we’ve made sure to add a few of each so that your choice of machine is right for you yet amongst the best you can find on the market.